Become a Coach or Volunteer and Make a Difference
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young people don’t care what a coach knows until they know a coach cares.”
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
We are honored to have the time, talent and treasures of our many Volunteers. To prepare and be sure that each volunteer is serving in the right volunteer position; please choose the one below best fitting your personal goals and situation.
Executive Committee Member
- Meets once a month on the first Tuesday of the month from 6-7 PM at the Chi Chi Driving Range
- Provides event leadership, community public relations and/or hands-on role in the Academy’s mission
- Members planning to be event chairperson and/or take on committee roles will be drawn from this group.
- Members have Board of Directors and VIP Volunteer support, name badges and receive meeting minutes.
Chi Chi Advocate & Auction Contributor
- These are individuals of influence with resources and good ideas committed to being called upon for consulting, contributing and volunteering for special events, special projects and in emergency situations.
- They are kept up to date of happenings through e-mail.
- The Auction Contributor commits to acquiring (3) donated items to be used in the Charity Classic Silent Auction in November. You are provided with documents to support your requests from businesses and individuals.
First Tee – Clearwater Volunteer
- Summer Camp Volunteers come Monday – Wednesday from 8 am to 1 pm. Volunteers and Coaches will be asked to assist in: Station Set-up & Break-down, Coaching, Participant Check-in & Check–out, Rental Set Check-in & Check-out.
- After School Certification Program Volunteers come during designated Program Hours and assist in Station Set-up & Break-down, Coaching, Participant Check-in & Check–out, Rental Set Check-in & Check-out.
- Working Volunteers have a “work” schedule of eight (8) hours per week
- Duties are customer oriented and these volunteers will provide labor assistance when needed
- Working Volunteers usually work for Education, Golf Operations, Special Projects, Development or Grounds Maintenance